EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Case Manager to work full time for its Suffolk Substance Use Disorder Transitional Case Management (SUD-TCM) program.
The Case Manager position is a non-exempt position paying $23-25 per hour at 35 hours per week. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM and the office is located in Central Islip, NY. The role reports to the Program Supervisor.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Case Manager for the Suffolk Substance Use Disorder Transitional Case Management Program (SUD-TCM) is responsible for providing enhanced transition planning and care management services to persons with substance use disorders who are being released from local correctional facilities who are returning to Suffolk County. The Case Manager will work within the Suffolk County Correctional facilities located in Riverhead and Yaphank.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide services to a target population of incarcerated Suffolk County residents, eighteen (18) years of age and older with a documented substance use disorder (SUD). Services shall be provided both pending and post-release to persons being released from local correctional facilities who are returning to Suffolk County.
- Meet with Suffolk County Correctional Facility’s Jail Substance Use Unit staff to identify and accept clients who could benefit from SUD-TCM services.
- Develop integrated reentry service plans and provide a copy of service plans with linkages to post-release services to the Jail Substance Use Unit.
- Assist individuals being released from incarceration in applying for and obtaining all necessary benefits and entitlements; and facilitate the connection of individuals to appropriate aftercare services, housing, vocational/educational services, and related peer support networks in order to reduce the risk of psychiatric relapse leading to re-incarceration or hospitalization.
- Assist individuals with linkage to an OASAS licensed facility and/or a Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) provider upon release.
- Work closely with the Suffolk County Department of Social Services to ensure timely activation of Medicaid and other benefits.
- Track the necessary data as required.
- Ensure timely linkages to community care management including Health Home Care Management.
- Maintain complete client records and have available for inspection by Supervision at any time.
- Maintain caseload through ongoing client contact.
- Attend meetings and clinical training.
- Transport or escort clients upon release from incarceration to various appointments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Criminal Justice with at least two years of experience working with the substance use and criminal justice involved population or CASAC.
- Knowledge of available treatment services and the ability to work cooperatively with housing, treatment, and mental health systems.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid New York State Drivers License.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
This position requires the incumbent to provide acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccinatio