Rx Compassion, Inc. a startup nonprofit whose mission is to increase awareness for mothers and providers of the risks associated with cesarean deliveries and promote cesarean safety to impact millions of women and their families, is seeking to hire its first ever Executive Director. The Rx Compassion Executive Director is a passionate advocate of women’s health who has a proven track record of building fundraising programs and developing partnerships that yield outstanding results. The Rx Compassion Executive Director is a dynamic and energetic leader that is laser focused in advancing the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the organization. The Executive Director of Rx Compassion is responsible for leading operations and fundraising efforts, developing and growing programs, marketing and communications activities, fiscal oversight, board collaboration, mobilizing and managing volunteers and a small staff.
The Executive Director reports to the President of the Rx Compassion Executive Committee and works in close collaboration with the organization’s founder, Dr. Clarel Antoine. This is a salaried, full-time hybrid position. The Executive Director will work out of a home office and be expected to meet regularly with Dr. Antoine in his Manhattan office.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Develop and execute donor giving programs: individual, corporate, foundation
• Create and implement messaging that educates women, healthcare providers, and women’s health organizations on the importance of cesarean safety through social media, newsletters, direct mail campaigns, etc.
• Responsible for organizational communications: website presence and updates, marketing campaigns and social media efforts
• Maintain full fiscal responsibility for organization, revenue, and operating budgets
• Establish and cultivate relationships with various stakeholders: women, women’s health organizations, hospital administration, healthcare providers, donors, and volunteers
• Lead, coach, develop and retain staff and volunteers as the organization grows
• Play an integral role in setting the organization’s short-and long-term priorities
• Execute initiatives that are articulated in the organization’s strategic plan
• Develop and implement systems to track organizational metrics
• Partner with Dr. Antoine and the board in helping to establish Rx Compassion as a thought leader in women’s health and C section safety
• Design and execute unique and impactful fundraisers and special events
• Identify and pursue grant opportunities
• Establish a network of providers nationally with proven optimal post-cesarean results and facilitate referrals for patients
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in non-profit work and fundraising, preferably in the area of women’s health
• Demonstrated success at developing individual, corporate and foundation giving programs
• Proven track record of effectively having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Experience working with a board; experience working with multiple stakeholders
• Proficient in working with Donor Management Software, experience in Kindful a plus
• Experience managing a budget, Quickbooks proficiency strongly preferred
• Superior verbal and written communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
• Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Resourceful, strategic, nimble, resilient, entrepreneurial, creative, and self-directed
• Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
About RxCompassion, Inc.
With more than four decades of experience as a renowned specialist in high-risk pregnancy, Dr. Clarel Antoine founded Rx Compassion, Inc. a non-profit organization dedicated to women’s reproductive health and well-being. Compassion at its Core is the mission of Rx Compassion. Rx Compassion’s vision is to promote safe birth, naturally or by c section with uncomplicated recovery through advocating, education, and research. Rx Compassion is the dedicated nonprofit arm of Compassionate OBGYN Care. To learn more about Rx Compassion, Inc. please visit https://www.rxcompassion.org/. To learn more about Compassionate OBGYN Care please visit https://www.compassionateobgyncare.com/.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.