Family Communication Specialist (PT)
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Family Communication Specialist to work part time for its Home Base (Community) Programs.
The Family Communication Specialist is a non-exempt position paying $30 per hour for up to 19 hours per week. The office is located in Hauppauge, NY and the role reports to Program Director.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Family Communication Specialist is responsible for providing individual and family counseling to enhance and build relationships amongst the youth and family.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home, community, and office-based services to guide clients and families through crisis and enhance communication skills by providing family counseling.
- Mediate and resolve relationship problems in the home with the youth and family.
- Collaborate with Case Managers to develop service plans for clients.
- Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients by establishing relationships and linkages with area hospitals and treatment programs.
- Maintain complete client records and have available for inspection by Supervision at any time.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Attend trainings, workshops and represent the agency meetings when requested.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Masters degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling. LMSW or LMHC preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working with families required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; Ability to work cooperatively with criminal justice, treatment and mental health systems.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.