Housekeeper for Elderly Service Care
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Housekeeper to work full time for its Expanded In-Home Services For the Elderly program. The Housekeeper position is a non-exempt position paying $17.50 per hour at 35 hours per week. The area of service is Long Beach, NY. The role reports to Supervisor.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Housekeeper will support the independence and enhance the quality of life of homebound seniors by providing housekeeping services to various homebound seniors in their homes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Making and changing clients beds.
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping the rooms utilized by clients.
- Light cleaning of kitchen, bedroom, living area and bathroom (including appliances and countertops).
- Laundry at on or off-site laundromat.
- Preparing meals if needed.
- Miscellaneous errands including putting out garbage, ironing, accompanying the client to medical appointments, supermarket, bank, etc. if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Valid NYS Drivers License and access to automobile required to travel between homes.
- Before the first day of employment, must provide documentation from health care professional that confirms good physical health, free from health impairments along with a record of immunization for Rubella and results of PPD skin test. Annual health status and PPD test will be required.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of homebound senior citizens.
- Ability to assess and identify problems and exercise professional judgment in determining an appropriate solution.
- Ability to articulate ideas both verbally and in writing and follow instructions.
- Must be able to travel to clients homes and climb stairs if necessary.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs. if needed.
- Proficient in computer programs necessary to perform work assignments.