Mentor Development Specialist
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Mentor Development Specialist to work full time for its Safe Harbour Mentoring Program.
The Case Manager is a non-exempt position paying $23-25 per hour at 35 hours per week. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM with some flexibility to work weekend hours. The office is located in Central Islip, NY. The role reports to Program Supervisor.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Mentor Development Specialist works alongside the Program Director to recruit, interview, train, monitor, and supervise mentors. The Mentor Development Specialist will provide engaging and educational activities for the mentor and mentees.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify locations/sites to conduct outreach, provide educational and program information and recruit mentors.
- Conduct the interviewing, monitoring, and training of mentors
- Provide support to mentors through monthly newsletters, monthly roundtable trainings, and phone/virtual check ins
- Provide support to mentees through digital communication, in-person visits and case management as needed.
- Administer and administer pre and post test for activities conducted.
- Work with guardians, mentors and mentees to identify the strengths of each adolescent in the program to develop individualized structured activities.
- Attend workshops and trainings as needed for project implementation.
- Maintain up-to-date records by enter mentor/youth data into Innovative Mentoring Software and updating program spreadsheets.
- Assist in preparing reports for the grant and Safe Harbour program as needed.
- Participate in team meetings, case conferences, agency presentations and trainings and related events.
- Provide staffing and support to Child Advocacy Center
- Perform all other relevant duties as determined by Supervision and EAC NETWORK Administration.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral sciences required. One year of relevant work experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must have valid New York State Driver’s License and have access to a car.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills needed.