Application must include resume, cover letter and salary requirements in order to be considered.
Powered by Professionals (PBP) is a leading fundraising, consulting and event management firm that works exclusively with nonprofits hosting major events and galas. Our mission is to make the world a better place by connecting individuals, families and corporations to volunteer opportunities that have meaning to them or by assisting them in creating and managing their own charitable organization.
We are looking to hire a Development & Event Associate. Responsibilities include working with non-profit clients, board and committee members, honorees, sponsors and contributors. This position is responsible for working with the Manager of Events and Director of Events to create ways to exceed the financial goal for each client, and to manage various aspects of a variety of events including galas, conferences, cultivation events, and run/walk events. Our in-person events occur primarily in New York City, though some limited national travel may occur for select events.
Support in all aspects of 4+ events (virtually and in-person) per year for various non-profit clients, under supervision of the Manager of Events and Director of Events (DOE). This may include, but is not limited to:
- Sourcing venue/virtual event platforms for recommendation and selection; researching vendors for our virtual events. Assisting with building out the virtual event pages on various platforms that are aligned with clients’ needs and branding.
- Working on all virtual event components specific to the clients needs. Including participating in webinars and on platform demos to understand the technology.
- Management of tracking client data including event contributions, sponsors, invoices and committee meeting minutes.
- Coordination of committee meetings, meeting minutes, conference calls. Maintaining event timelines & expenses.
- Handling of event participants personalized mailings including organizing contact lists, drafting outreach letters, mail merges and compiling email/mail outreach.
- Management of tracking client data including event contributions, sponsor benefits and guest names.
- Placing follow up calls to and tracking outreach efforts for board members, event participants and supporters.
- Managing outreach for auction donations and in-kind donations, coordinating delivery and tracking auction details.
- Work with event participants to assist them with fundraising, incentives and outreach.
- Database Management: Whether that be updating contacts in a CRM, creating event registration pages, or creating email blasts to go out to the client’s database, you will be operating the back end tracking of databases for the client and making adjustments to them when needed. This will also include tracking all event financials, client expenses and on-going solicitation efforts, managing in-coming financials both by credit card and checks, and creating and sending out requested invoices and receipts.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, 1-3 years event experience (fundraising events preferred), strong technical background (comfortable managing/learning/recommending technology and is a must), and experience with social media is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the team while working together on projects
- Excellent planning and time management, and outstanding organizational skills
- Flexible and able to easily move quickly from one project to another
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Creative with bringing new ideas to our events and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working with a large group of people, and working independently
- Enthusiastic, high-energy and initiative-taking personality a must
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and extended hours during event seasons
- Able to handle high-stress situations calmly and professionally
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and fundraising events
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfortable handling meticulous work that includes focusing on attention to details
- Having a strong background in databases/virtual event platforms is preferred
Reports to: Manager of Events; Director of Development and Events