Veteran Peer Coordinator
EAC Network, a not-for-profit social service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 54,000 people in need through 100 programs across Long Island and NYC, seeks a Veteran Peer Coordinator for the Queens Misdemeanor Treatment Veteran’s Court Program. Job seekers with prior experience working with the Veteran population or have lived experience as a Veteran are highly encouraged to apply!
The Veteran Peer Coordinator position is a non-exempt position paying $24-26 per hour. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:00AM- 5:00PM. The office is located in Queens, NY. The role reports to Program Director.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & More.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Veteran Peer Coordinator is responsible for assessment and case management of Veterans in the QMVTC program and recruiting, training and coordinating Peer Mentors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, coordinate and supervise peer mentors.
- Develop and update peer mentor policies and procedure manual.
- Sustain and evolve the Peer Mentor Program.
- Provide feedback to peers on engagement strategies.
- Identify treatment barriers and approaches to overcome them.
- Conduct assessment interviews including referral to Psychologist for more extensive testing as needed.
- Complete treatment plan and present to the Court.
- Arrange for and implement placement into an appropriate treatment program.
- Assist clients in obtaining benefits as indicated, including public assistance, SSD/SSI, housing, medical and other needs.
- Maintain complete client records and have available for inspection by Supervision at any time.
- Escort clients to treatment facilities when indicated.
- Maintain caseload through ongoing client contact.
- Conduct Seeking Safety groups.
- Make appropriate and timely site visits to all treatment agencies as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related mental health field or Behavioral Science required or High School Diploma or educational equivalent required and a significant combination of education and experience in substance abuse and mental health.
- Must have a working knowledge of treatment programs and the Veterans Administration.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment and mental health systems.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
This position requires the incumbent to provide acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination.