Nonprofit Warehouse Coordinator – Part-time
Freeport, NY Literacy Nonprofit is looking for a book lover to help share the management responsibilities of our warehouse and work with our team to grow our mission.
Days: Typically, Tuesday through Friday plus one Saturday or Sunday a month. You will be job-sharing this position with one other person.
Hours are from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm (flexibility a plus)
Starting pay will be between $18 – $20 based on experience
We have a unique opportunity for a book enthusiast to join our growing non-profit team. We are looking for an experienced, compassionate individual who has a love of books, may be looking to earn transferrable skills for public library work and is physically fit, with a roll-up your sleeve attitude for our fast-paced, growth-oriented environment. Must be able to work with Special Needs Individuals.
Duties – will include but are not limited to;
· Hands-on supervision of the book bank
· Oversee the receiving, loading, and unloading of book inventory, including working with our special need partners who may provide some of our pick-ups and deliveries or volunteer in the book bank
· Organize and maintain a neat, clean book storage area
· Train, evaluate and manage volunteers/corporate groups up to 20 people at a time who provide support daily support
· Ability to manage the categorization of books for sorting and packing
· Act as a spokesperson when introducing the mission to volunteers, donors, and partners
· Work with Program Director & Executive Director to identify, recommend and/or implement new procedures that guide the organization in maintaining and improving streamlined operational procedures
· Coordinate with our Program Director to manage the delivery/pick-up of books in our Freeport book bank as well as at our off-site storage units
· Monitoring book bank supply needs; order products and supplies in a timely manner
· Initiate and coordinate major projects such as book bank layout changes, equipment, and space needs and utilization with the ability to pivot when needed
· Work to ensure the safety of all who enter the warehouse.
· Identify and segregate adult books for sale and coordinate with book buyers.
· Arrange for recycling pick-up
· Coordinate with Logistics Coordinator daily to solidify details for pick-ups, deliveries, and volunteer activity
· Other tasks as needed
· Must be physically fit and able to lift 30lb+ boxes throughout the day
· Solid understanding of book categories and age levels
· Problem-solving and analytical ability
· Ability to manage inventory
· Must be able to work with/show compassion with special needs individuals
· Ability to multi-task and stay level-headed in a fast-paced workspace
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong Organization and time management skills
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: In person