Herstory Writers Network, a nonprofit organization devoted to healing and empowering people and communities through grassroots literature, is seeking a seasoned Finance and Operations Manager with a strong track record in organizational finance management, grant tracking, contracts, and small business operations.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Associate Director, the Finance and Operations Manager will be part of a close-knit team of five staff members, several program consultants, and an extensive network of fellows and facilitators. The Manager will be responsible for financial and operational systems, processes, administration, and internal controls. The position’s primary goal is to ensure the day-to-day business and financial operations of the organization run effectively and efficiently. Our staff works mostly remotely as a fully collaborative and creative team in service to our mission which includes participation in grassroots fundraising activities, program outreach, and other support as necessary. The right candidate will be able to hit the ground running as soon as possible.
- Financial Management: develop and monitor the annual budget and audit, produce monthly financial and cash flow reports, process payments, and perform banking functions.
- Bookkeeping & Accounting; maintain and manage all accounts payable/receivable transactions, controls, and accounting procedures.
- Grant Management: assisting with grant submissions and grant reports, tracking of grant cycles and payments, and communicating with funders as needed.
- Contract Management: quoting and invoicing, payments, and tracking life cycle of contracts.
- Payroll processing.
- Perform and oversee office operations.
- Perform other tasks as appropriate.
- Minimum five years of experience in financial management, accounting, bookkeeping, or related area.
- Experience in office management, human resources, benefits, and/or related administration.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of 501c3 nonprofit status.
- Proficiency with Quick Books Online, Microsoft Office, Google Suites.
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, effectively solve problems, and work well alone or with a team.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of empathy, integrity, credibility, and ability to work well under pressure.
This is a hybrid position ranging from 30-40 hours per week, with a salary range of $48K to $56K, depending on level of experience, plus health benefits, personal and sick days, and holidays. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. If you are interested in being a part of making a change and think that Herstory would be a good fit, please send a cover letter and resume to Erika Duncan, our executive and artistic director at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and your work experience and what motivates you about this opportunity. Please write in the subject line: APPLICATION FOR FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER.