More and more New Yorkers are becoming eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. We know that many communities and individuals throughout the State have expressed hesitancy around immunization.
As you, your staff, and clients begin to get vaccinated, we hope you will encourage them to participate in sharing their vaccine story on social media to assure others that the vaccine is safe and important.
We’ve put together this document that you can print out and give to staff and clients when they get vaccinated to help them become COVID vaccine messengers! And if your staff and clients are already sharing their stories, please send those social media posts to email@example.com so we can help amplify them.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Take a short video of yourself after your vaccine. Make sure to include some or all of the following information:
- Who you are! (Are you a human services worker, a faith leader, a community member?)
- Were you afraid before getting the vaccine? (It’s okay to say you were!)
- Did you have any side effects? What were they?
- Why did you get the vaccine? (To protect your family? To get back to normal life?)
NOTE: **If you don’t want to make a video, you can take a photo of yourself getting the vaccine or after the vaccine and write your information into a Facebook or Twitter post!**
2. Share your video on social media!
- Make sure to tag HSC (Twitter: @HSC_NY, Facebook: Human Services Council of New York, Instagram: @HSCNY) so we can help promote your content to other providers and community members.
- Use the hashtags #myCOVIDvaccine and #NYCVaccineForAll to be a part of the conversation and to help others find your videos.
3. Spread the word by sharing this document and asking your family, friends, and colleagues to do the same when they get vaccinated! Thank you for helping to keep New Yorkers safe!